Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Kat Von D's Lock-It Powder Foundation Review (BEFORE & AFTER PICTURES)

Kat Von D Lock-It Powder Foundation
Kat Von D has been one of my idols growing up, so when I heard she had a makeup line I was dying to get something. Finally, I had the money to splurge a little at Sephora.  I had my mind set on her regular liquid foundation because I have heard so many good things about it, but at the last minute went with the powder. I read that this powder is supposed to be medium to full coverage… but I had a very hard time believing that at first. My experience in the past with powders have not been good. With other powder foundations I have tried, I have never really liked the finish. The coverage is always basically nothing, and you can always tell you have powder on.. plus it comes off in what feels like 10 minutes, or once you touch your face.

I honestly just expected it to be as more of a setting powder (which you can use it for too if you want a FULL FULL coverage). I gave it a go alone the other day… and it really surprised me! The coverage is AMAZING, just as claimed. The powder is so fine and velvety, it gives the most amazing finish I have ever gotten with any foundation, and to top it off, it feels like I have nothing on my face. I am obsessed! I am used to liquid drug store foundations which I am really growing to not like. I just hate the feeling of it on my face, no matter what kind, it always feels so cakey and sticky. So, I am so relieved to finally try something that looks amazing, feels amazing, and lasts.

They claim this is a 24-hour powder which sounds a bit extreme but it does last so long-it is crazy, I don't know how they do it. The powder comes in 17 different shades. I got it in the lightest shade possible, Light 44.
The packaging I think is what really drew me in. All of her products have a distinct, beautiful design to them. I honestly can't wait to get more things from her line! If you have tried this, or any of her other products.. Let me know what you think! :)

Before:


After:

No comments:

Post a Comment