Sunday, January 5, 2014

Dramatic Rose-Gold Smokey Eye



My first blog post! Woooo! Before I begin, I just want to say that I am in no way saying I am a professional makeup artist or anything, I just like to play around and experiment with different eye looks. Although most would consider this a crazy dramatic look only for nightclubs or special events, I wear these kind of looks any time I want. Maybe I'm weird.. *shrugs* I'm about to wear this look out to the mall. I don't understand why people have to classify certain makeup looks as daytime, nighttime, winter, summer, blah blah blah... I think you should wear whatever you want, whenever. If you want to wear a look like this to school.. go for it- If you want to wear this to the grocery store.. go for it. I don't see why makeup looks have to be too "crazy" too wear certain places. I can almost guarantee you when you go somewhere, nobody is thinking "Wow, her makeup is a little too extreme for here.." Hahaha. Okay, now that I'm done rambling about that, I will talk about the makeup.



Since I got my Naked 3 palette a week ago, I have been playing around with it every day and trying out some new things. For this certain look, I used Nooner, Mugshot, & Darkside. The picture doesn't do this palette justice, it is so beautiful in person, you have to see it for yourself. 

Things used for my eyes:
-Naked 3 Palette
-Maybelline Line Stiletto liquid eyeliner in Blackest Black
-Maybeline Line Stiletto Waterproof black mascara


On my lid, I used Nooner. I blended that up into my crease a little. 
In the inner corners, I used mugshot. This is one of my favorite colors in the palette. 
In my crease I used Darkside, which is actually really dark in person (It doesn't look very dark in the picture).  

Yes, it does come with a double-sided brush, which i do tend to use to apply just the lid color and some color on my lower lash line, but if you do not have a blending brush, you are going to be screwed. I have been using the Sigma Tapered Blending E40 brush, and it has saved my life. Nothing looks worse than eyeshadow that isn't blended. 

I finished off the look by adding a little bit of Darkside & Mugshot on my lower lash line, and adding a thick black cat-eye with my liquid liner, and a thick layer of mascara. 

Let me know what you guys think!

No comments:

Post a Comment